Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nicole arrives in Bangalore


Miss Earth 2010 Nicole Faria poses with her parents Ian and Anita Faria on her arrival at her hometown Bangalore amidst media frenzy on December 23, 2010.


City girl is back in B'lore after winning the Miss Earth International 2010 title in Vietnam.

Bangalore girl Nicole Faria, who brought home laurels when she won the Miss Earth 2010 crown in Vinpearl Land.


Walking tall: Nicole Faria started her modelling career with fashion guru Prasad Bidapa. Pic/Ramesh HS

The Bangalore lass who started her modeling career with Prasad Bidapa said, "It's my first homecoming after so many days abroad. I am very happy."

Nicole's mom Anita, dad Ian and brother Craig couldn't stop smiling as Nicole returned to her Lavelle Road home on Thursday afternoon. Looking svelte in a black dress, Nicole said, "Christmas is always special for me, but this year will be bigger celebrations.

I can't wait to spend time with my close friends and family. I'm waiting to get some good Christmas presents. Anything expensive would be good," she chuckled with a girlie glee and added, "It's the thought that counts, not the gift."



New year plans. We wondered if she met the city's fashion guru, Prasad Bidapa who had launched her and she replied, "I met him at the south pageant. Prasad congratulated me after my speech.
But I moved out of Bangalore three years ago. Then I was in Delhi for a year and then moved to Mumbai six months ago.

Marc Robinson is the man responsible for helping me. I want to do a lot of environmental and nature saving activities."

Year end plans, we wonder? "For New Year's I'm going to Goa with close friends. Of course family is welcome.

Courtesy of Mid-day

No comments:

Post a Comment